Monday, January 25, 2010

Jauary 25, 2010

Hola Family,
Well what can I say, it has been a good week. We are sending our email in a little computer shop.
Well good news. I have already lost 20 lbs haha so soon its crazy . Its so hot here and the people are so set in their ways of being Catholic. I have found a lot of solace in the scriptures and found a lot of answers in them.
I’m wondering if you got a chance to read about that hymn ¨Brightly Beams our Fathers Mercy¨. I received that letter that you sent while I was in the MTC. I got it on the 19th and it got in Paraguay on the 13th. I was also wondering if you could send a package with if possible my temple clothes (If it is not possible or too expensive then I can buy some here) also some more of those ¨Plackers¨ the Green Dental floss things. I have about 4 Packages but they will not last me because I am using them every day. And some Tide To Go (if it is not too expensive).
So I wanted to mention, during Sundays the people here are tone deaf I think and conductor doesn’t know how to lead the music and they always sing the songs slower. Also it is not so much that I am in a jungle area but there are some parts that are very foresty. We are allowed to go to the temple every 6 months or, if you go with a person you baptized, after a year. And yes that is my ward but we are now at 8:00. "Calle" means "road". The chapel is on San Pedro. Our ward is one of the stronger wards here. We have a good amount of attendance and a full bishopric. There are a lot of wards that are not very strong.
They have a great garbage disposal system here. It's called put it out in the road and burn it haha. Some people here live in small houses that they built themselves and they are only one room. I have seen some tiny houses and wondered how they could ever live in there. Their walls are sometimes made out of cardboard. I feel really bad sometimes for their water is not clean and you can really tell that this is a third world country. Mom. You would not like it here, if you don’t like the bugs in the cabin in Waterton. Just be grateful that you are not here haha.
I have been reading in the Ensign with the conference talks November Ensign and am loving the talks in it. There is one that always hits me strong it is the first one during the priesthood session by M Russell Ballard. I remember listening to it in the chapel.
Well I remember I didn’t really answer your question about the house I live in so I will send some pictures. But Life is good. The scriptures are the word of God. ¨La iglasia is verdadera¨ I am loving my mission!

Con Amor,
Élder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment