Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15, 2010

Hola!
Yeah I am excited to go to the temple tomorrow. I bought everything I need beforehand, everything for bout $15 haha. Wow, what a week. The beginning of the week there were a lot of clouds in the sky and a lot of fires from people burning their garbage. It was bad. You could see the smog in the air. I would often use a towel to breath through haha. Well, we have one baptism planned for this week and the next week we have two and mother and a daughter. That is one thing that we try to focus on is teaching families, helping families become closer together. We were teaching a family of 3 but they had other things that they had to do every Sunday so they couldn’t go to the church and thus couldn’t progress. Yesterday we had a big rain downpour. By the end of the day my feet were soaked! But I’m not complaining. I eat well here but the walking and the work is why I am loosing the weight.
I haven´t heard from Austin yet, but I got an email from Elder Vance at
matthew.vance@myldsmail.net asking if I had Elder Bishop’s address. But I can only send emails to one address so I can’t tell him that I don’t have it yet
I still have my goal of finishing the Book of Mormon by the end of the month. Right now I am in Alma 12 but we have about a 2 hour bus ride tomorrow to the temple so I can get in a lot of reading there. I love sharing the Book of Mormon with the people here. I am excited to share it with more people here that are looking for truth.
Now my Visa card. I haven’t used it once because when I got here the church gave me another one and I use it because it takes it out of the mission fund. I’m not sure what happens with the funds that I saved up. I think it goes in to the ward mission fund. Talk to the bishop. I still have about $140 American that I took out before I got here. I exchange $20 once in a while and get about G 90 which is quite a lot. But I have my Visa card if I need more funds for the month. But seeing that I will only be able to do that on p-days, I will send an email with information on how much I took out.
Well that’s cool to hear that San Lorenzo is a place that missionaries from our stake go haha. We had a stake conference yesterday in the stake center in San Lorenzo. Pres Wade spoke and his wife, and the Temple Pres. and his wife and the stake pres. who is 29 years old haha
Well we’re having good weather here, cloudy and a little cold. It’s nice. Plus when we walk we have a breeze haha. Well send my love. I sent a letter to Grandma and Grandpa Spackman and Rodgers and Uncle Myrle. I am going to be sending one to Aunt Kay right away. Thanks for all your love and support. Have a great trip to Florida!
Love Élder Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment