Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Hola Familia!
You guys don't have to worry (about tetanus). I talked to a lady serving in this mission, Sister Lucas. She looked at my health record and told me that there were no problems and that I will be fine so after limping all over the place for about 3 days it is all better!
Get ready because I am sending photos!
Last Tuesday we had SOOOOOOOO MUCH RAIN!!!!!!!! You will notice! It was up to our knees. It was crazy!
Well the changes! We got a new Zone Leader. His name is Élder Walker from Argentina and a new sister missionary, Hermana Rodrigez, and a new elder in Rama 3, Élder Mckeon.
I was looking at our schedule this week and was excited to see that we will be going to general conference this change!! EXCITED!!! I am still district leader of the Hermanas. Last change we had to report every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Now this change only Sunday. I have to give a class every week for district meeting and once and a while there is a meeting for the leaders of the zone and I have to go to that. Also if the hermanas have a baptism this change I have to do the interview.
Last Monday Elder Mervyn B. Arnold came and changed a lot of things - new things that we have to report and things we are going to be doing differently. One of them is that every missionary has to live in their area! So that means that I WILL HAVE TO MOVE AGAIN!!!! :- This is the 3rd time changing houses in Concepción. I am sick of it..... well it has to be done. We are going to move Wednesday. Élder Arzate and I moved into this house while we were still in Rama 1 and now I am in Rama 2 and I have to move.....
I got the letters from Grandma and Grandpa Rodgers and Spackman. Thank you so much for the update on the family. I love hearing their testimonies!
There is a picture of the Ecco shoes that I had when I left, just so you can see what state they’re in right now... and like I said last week photos when we went to the Concepción bridge.
One thing that has been a topic for our mission is consecrating our lives. We have had quite a few topics but one of the topics that has been there for a long time is this one. I was listening to the general conference talks and listening to D. Todd Christofferson - ¨Reflections on a Consecrated Life¨ ¨To consecrate is to set apart or dedicate something as sacred, devoted to holy purposes. True success in this life (or mission) comes in consecrating our lives—that is, our time and choices—to God’s purposes. In so doing, we permit Him to raise us to our highest destiny.¨ That really sounds like he is talking to missionaries. I really like the whole talk and the examples that he gives there are three great laws of heaven: obedience, sacrifice, and consecration. One is concern for ones self, the next for the welfare of others and the last is an act of love for our Lord Jesus Christ. It’s not something that I have learned completely but it is something that I am trying to learn. I hope that at the end of my mission I will have learned the true meaning of consecration.
We have about 5 people who are progressing to baptism this month so we are working hard trying to help them grow a testimony I know the church is true. I love you guys so much! I am enjoying so much this time I have to be here in Paraguay sharing the restored gospel. I have seen miracles here that I can not explain. I know the Book of Mormon is true! It’s amazing. No one can prove to me that it isn't. It can bless lives and answer the most profound questions that we have in our souls and our hearts. It was written for us!
Thanks for everything that you all do for me. I am sincerely grateful for everything.
Con muchisimo cariño y amor. Que siempre reciban los bendicones que nuestro Padre Celestial tiene para ustedes
Élder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment