Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 4, 2011


Hola familia!

What a great way to have a week, finishing with General Conference, and wow I was moved by some of the talks! I really can't wait to get the Ensign and to be able to study the talks. They were amazing talks. I was so happy to be in Concepcion during this time because I was able to listen to the priesthood session and the Priesthood session was AMAZING!!!! Wow it was one of my favorite sessions, and a few other talks. I really enjoyed the talk from Elder Dallin H. Oaks. It’s really funny because before my mission it was always really hard for me to listen to 10 hours of talks but now I have to wait 6 months to listen to them again. I'm not sure if you guys noticed but Terry Lee Wade was called into the Area 70s. He’s my old Mission president so it looks like being a mission president was just the start of his church service. It was really cool to hear his name being called! I'm not sure which session, I think Sunday in the morning, but there was an amazing version of “The Spirit of God” that was sung! We decided it was the three Nephites singing and John on the organ! Just kidding! But it was a very powerful experience. It made me remember the time we sang that song in Priesthood conference, one session when dad and I went, and I could feel the spirit SOO strong that today I can still feel that. That song for me is something powerful.

There was a topic that relates to Lauren and Aaron, that people have to marry! So no pressure or anything but... keep me updated. I know that you can’t read the talks yet but when you can, read what President Monson said in the priesthood session.

We had an interesting encounter with a man this week. He belongs to a church where they believe that they don't have any more sins and that they can't sin more. Needless to say it really was interesting. We read with him the last part of James 2 and 1 John 1:8 (I think 8) but he was very hard in his heart and didn't want to accept it and said that those scriptures didn't apply to him. Then we read 2 Nephi 28: 1-9, well my companion was reading it, and I was talking to someone that was fulfilling that prophecy. It was incredible. My testimony in the words of the prophets in the scriptures was increased immensely and I understood a few more things than usual.

Mom, the thing with our house was that we 2 were living here. Then the other elders had to move because they had problems with their landlord. The closest house that they could live was our house because only in certain places are there houses to rent. So the district president is building a house for them in his back yard and for now we have to live here. We also thought that we would have to move too because the roof leaks in the rain, and she wasn't planning on fixing it so when President was here he talked to our landlady and saw our house with 4 elders (there is a new rule that you have to live in your area and can't live in 4) so President knows our situation and told our landlady too that if she doesn’t fix it within 30 days we would not pay our rent so we will see what happens. So far nothing has been done. The house is too small to fit another bed in, and Mom, let me assure you that if there was a better house around We would be living in IT! The only good thing is that there are a lot of less actives around and it is in the middle of our area. It is a really poor area and I think we are blessed to have a little room.

I just want to say what a great opportunity Tanner and Bradley had to go to Priesthood Conference. I truly believe that if the youth of the church go to general conference, they will be blessed. It is a wonderful opportunity for them to be in the same room as a prophet of God and they will be blessed! And Seth and Will are soooooo grown up wow!

Well you will never guess what I found here in Concepcion - a glass Flames cup! So I sent a picture and I thought.....when will I ever get the chance to buy one of these in Paraguay and bought it. There is a photo here with a lot of money- the monthly money for 3 missionaries and a picture of when we went to eat today.

Thanks for everything!

Love you all soo much,

Elder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment