Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19, 2010

Hola Familia!
Well we had a great week. We are starting to enter into winter here but it’s still a ways away. Things are going great here. I got my new Visa card today but I am still missing the new PIN so now I have to wait for that. After the time change, it has been getting darker early and thus we have to be in our house earlier. We had a zone activity today and went to Pizza Hut.
I have been studying a lot about charity lately and learning a lot. In particular I have really been enjoying 1st Corinthians 13 about charity, and been learning it is the key to have. I have started the Book of Mormon over and am looking for something in each verse. I probably won’t be able to finish it all doing that here in a year and a half, but I am going though it slowly, and plan to read it again (probably in Spanish) so I will have two bookmarks. I received a letter from you about last week. That asked about a Spanish “Preach My Gospel”, and I do have one. I got all the materials in Spanish my first day in the MTC. And I can read what it says (usually). Spanish is coming, slowly, but it is coming. I love to be able to have a conversation with someone in another language.
As of right now I have played the piano in church once, (a couple of weeks ago).
We have been trying to get people to church by doing whatever we could to help them. So this week we are going to try another approach and get people excited for church, getting them wanting to come. Sister Sotelo told us that our area is bigger than we thought so we are going to be doing some exploring this week and working with the members to invite their friends to hear the message of the restored gospel.
Well thanks for everything! You guys are always in my prayers.
Love Élder Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment