Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 11, 2010

Hola Familia!
Well where do I begin... Elder Jesus David Jaime is the name of Elder Jaime. He is from Cartagena. His last day is Oct 27. Shirt size is probably 17. I am wearing a 17 ½ right now and it is a little big but I don’t know if getting it any smaller than 17 would be uncomfortable - maybe 16½ .
There was something that I forgot to talk about in my last letter. When the family of Nimia Gonzalez went to conference she was touched by the talk of President Monson. There were things in his talk to which she could relate. It was really inspiring to see her excitement when she was recounting her experience.
But about 2 days later on Tuesday I was finishing a letter I was writing to Spencer W. and cleaning my desk when all of a sudden my comp said "OH-NO" "Elder Royers ejeumi!!!" (Elder Rodgers, come here). He was talking on the phone. I said, "What happened???" He gave me the phone. It was the zone leaders. They told me that I was changing areas and I had to be in the office the next morning at 8!!!!!!! I said “ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! NO!" They told me that I was going to an area called Benjamin Aceval, an area that is more or less in the Chaco, and I would be going with an Elder Wightford who also was going home with elder Jaime. So that day we told everyone bye. There was no notice -24 hours, no more. So the next morning we were in a taxi with all my things. We got to the office and there were about 2 other companionships there waiting. They called President (who wasn’t there yet). He said “No, because there are some more changes that I have made!” So we had to wait to see if we got changed to another area. There were about 7-8 companionships that were affected by this change so we had our changes but President told us he made some more changes. haha,
So after a while President gets to the office and he says to 8 elders to come into a room, and I was one of them. So I was not going to be going to Benjamin (In Spanish it is said Ben-ha-meen (J in Spanish is like the H). An Elder Jones went there. I got sent to.....are you ready......a ward in Asuncion, that’s right, a area in the heart of Asuncion, called....Mburucuya! (mbu-ru-cu-ja)! I think it was an old area of Sister Neitz. She mentioned it in one of her letters. But I really like it. The chapel that I meet in every Sunday is the same chapel that the mission office is in! So I am right in the middle of Asuncion....and...there is a Burger King right across the street! haha and a really nice supermarket too, and we can order pizza from Pizza Hut! (But it’s really expensive…).
My new companion is Elder McKee from Vernon Utah. This is his second change in the mission. That is one thing that President told me, that I was going up as senior companion. So that’s interesting eh? My companion is having problems with his kidneys and can barely walk. There is a young man here from Benjamin Aceval so my companion stays with members across the street and the young man works with me. We don’t know the area so we have been getting to know everyone. Today we are going to talk to President about what will happen with my companion, keep him in your prayers!! We are thinking that he will have to have surgery. The doctors here don’t know anything.
It kind of sucked because this Sunday they dedicated the chapel in Emboscada, but the Lord wants me here so I am now here. But my companion has been talking to Dr. Hollingsworth. Last Monday he took a trip to Buenos Aires but the doctor really didn’t do anything.
I have a question that a lot of people have asked me and to tell the truth I really don’t know. What is the health plan of Canada, or Alberta - what is the Health dealio? I really don’t know so if you could tell me there are a lot of people curious here.
I TOTALLY forgot about Thanksgiving. Good thing Elder Jolley called me and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving, haha. His comp is Elder Wendorff from Raymond, Alberta. So maybe I’ll go to Burger King or something. I KNOW I won’t be able to find Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie there :’(. Tell her to send me some!!!!!  …Well let’s see that’s not a good idea …well…Just put it in the freezer for now, haha. Paraguay is starting to get hotter..... Dun...Dun....DUN!!!!!!
So as I was saying I am actually writing this letter from the computer of Sister Madariaga in the office so anything that you send I will get right away. I just got the letter with the bookmark that is in Spanish. But thank you for everything!! I love you guys so much and if the family is there eating Thanksgiving dinner, all I know is they are all together. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!! I am thankful for this wonderful experience that I have to be here serving in Paraguay, It‘s an experience that is one of a kind. I am thankful for the restored gospel and for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and my wonderful Family!!! Save a plate for me! Well, try too. Thanks for everything. Hope you guys have a great week/day.
Con muchisimo amor,
Elder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment