Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 18, 2010

Hola Familia,
Well, we had an interesting week. We have been running back and forth between our house and the hospital. We are coming down to the final days of what we are going to do with my comp. I have only worked with him for one morning when he felt good but then he felt the pain again and couldn't continue. President said that if something doesn't change we may have “changes”. The thing is, if he goes home for surgery he will not come back to Paraguay. He is in so much pain and does not get too much sleep. President was fasting for him yesterday. I hope we don't get another special change this week. I want to stay and work with him. Keep him in your prayers.
But the good thing about this area is that if we were in the house and were hungry we would order Pizza Hut, haha!
This has been a hard week because we have not been able to find anybody to teach. It’s a lot different than my other areas. It’s really hard to find people. I really want to find a cool family during the time I have here. I always have this desire that I can find a family here that I can really help. I am learning more and more about following the spirit precisely. I am learning a lot but I still have a little ways to go. I have been having some really cool spiritual experiences that I can see did not come from me. The Lord has been guiding me to the people who need the most help. This Sunday we have been working with a less active family from about 2 years because they have a 9 year old daughter that has not been baptized yet. They said they would come to church. I have to be honest, I really didn't believe them. I have heard that line so many times, that they would come to church, but they came!! It was really cool. We have a baptismal date with the daughter for November 6th.
But the thing here is that the ward is really strong and there are some very strong members so if you guys have any ideas of member missionary work they would be appreciated haha. I have been making some plans with the ward to do another activity like we did in Emboscada about the Plan of Salvation. I think it would work great here.
I haven't given the address of Sister Neitz to Machucas because I have not seen them since. And about the Health plan, that is a lot of information. I was looking for something a little simpler but maybe I will print it out and read it. That picture of Grandma and the pumpkin pie is awesome. I laughed, but it looks SO good!!!
Wow those pictures were awesome, thanks. It’s good to see that everyone is alright, That's way awesome to hear about Jake! That's really cool.
I was thinking if it would be possible to look around now to see if there is a job in Calgary that they want people that speak Spanish. I understand it is still a long time away but keep it in mind when you are out and about. I love this language. It’s really cool. I still have troubles once and a while but I can really get my point across to just about anyone. I can see the Lord has been helping me A LOT. I don't think I could have done this all by myself. I think it would have been impossible. Thanks for all your help with everything! I love you guys so much. Good job on singing in church. I’m sure it was awesome! I will be sending some letters home to Grandma and Grandpa and Ustedes.
Con mucho amor,
Elder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment