Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010

Hola Familia!
How’s the best family in the world?
Well, big news, well big-ish. I got changed. I am now in an area called Emboscada. (in English ¨Ambush¨). My new comp is Élder Alvarez from Columbia. He only has 4 months left in the mission and Élder Hanchett has another greenie, haha. This ward is small. There are about 300 members in the area but a long time ago the chapel closed randomly for a month and a lot of them went inactive. Yesterday we had 15 members, and one investigator. I helped bless the sacrament, and gave a short talk. It’s a whole new part of Paraguay. I walked into my new house, put my suitcases down and looked at the wardrobe and saw a big ¨Elder Peterson¨ on one of the drawers, so a Canadian has been here before, haha.
I sent a package home with some things from the Indians here but I got a call last week saying that I needed to send 90 mil more. I think I will send the money tomorrow, but just to let you know I took out 200 mil today and last week.
Well I have been having some great personal studies, reading the Book of Mormon, and in “Preach my Gospel”. I really love the gospel. It always has an answer for everything. I have been listening to John Bytheway too and I seem to always learn something new from his talks. They are very inspiring. The gospel is great. I love it. The power of prayer is amazing. I remember the prayer last week given by Dad. That was very special for me. It gives me boosts of energy when I need it. I have made obedience a quest not an irritation. It is something that John Bytheway was talking about, to turn obedience from an irritation into a quest to be obedient.
Something that I have learned here is that we have to put the will of the Lord first, put His way before our way like it says in 3 Nephi 13:31-33. Don´t worry about your will, just have faith that God will lead you and guide you, because in 1 Nephi 3:7 we know that there is always a way with God. 2 Nephi 2:24

I love the Savior, I love the church.
Thanks for everything you do for me! I love you guys SO Much! Thanks for your examples in my life.
Con Amor, Les Amo
Élder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment