Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 24, 2010

Hola Familia!
Well first of all the Mission Office has moved! The address to send letters and packages has changed. Here is the new one:

Elder Rodgers
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280
c/ Julio Correa
Asunción Paraguay

I'll attempt to answer all your questions about this area but if I don't remind me and I will answer them next week. That monkey was at the house of some person that we went and took pictures with. The monkey’s name is Marcelo. With our laundry there is a lady that does it, an older single lady. I have gotten some pants back from her still dirty so she does what she can. Every area has somebody to do their laundry. Elder Alvarez speaks a little bit of English. He can understand English really well. I am helping him learn English. We are learning “I am a Child of God” in English and we might sing it in zone conference Thursday. He has been a member for 10 years and only him, his sister and his mom are members. His father died about 5 years ago and his mom has remarried. He has been in this area for 6 more weeks than I have, and this is a huge area!!! I’m sure there are areas that nobody has touched. There were 62 people in church and we had a baptism on Saturday, a lady named Leongina, ¨Leo” and her confirmation was yesterday. I am the ward piano player. Yesterday was the first time in the brand new chapel! It’s small but beautiful! The first week of the change was hard. Everything was new but its a lot better now.
There is a package that is on its way home right now. I had told the people at the office to send it with Élder Peterson (who is flying home right now) but they sent it through the mail system anyways (I told them to bring it back to the office)... so it will get to you in a month or two.
I have really been enjoying learning more and more of the stories in the Book of Mormon. There is so much there that you can learn. I have been listening to John Bytheway still and learning more. I love the Gospel. I have some letters that I have ready to send out to some people that will probably be sent at zone conference.
Thanks for everything that you do for me!
I love you guys so much!!
Con Amor
Élder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment