Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15, 2010

Hola Che Familia-kuera,
Well, good news - our really cool investigator, Thomas, is coming along. He prays every night and reads. He is awesome. He has questions but we always have answers. We have been working with the members to visit our investigators. We found another guy that (a while before) the missionaries were teaching. He knows everything!! But he drinks so we are working with him on that. This Wednesday we have zone conference and we have it with the San Lorenzo zone so I will just give the letters for Gabriela and Victor directly to the elders in Kennedy.
It’s not that the members here do not trust the missionaries. Well there have been some interesting missionaries here in the past, but all my converts are through members and so that is the smartest way to work. I have learned the importance of members in conversion.
That's all that I gave to Élder McKee so I’m glad they got to you. That bag was a little big and the fhiligrana (The material of those really cool necklaces) map of Paraguay cost G150 so I was a little hesitant on sending them through regular mail.
That will be cool to have an English-Guarani Dictionary. I have been using the book that Mark Johnson gave me. Elder Jolley knows a lot of Guaraní from being here so I think I will learn a lot. It is sort of a thing that all the elders that leave Concepción can speak (more or less) Guarani.
You mentioned last week about an Elder DeVoe. I know OF him. I could pick him out of a crowd.
That sucks about the bike accident. That is not the most exciting experience. Did you get scraped up?
I like the idea about the fast. I think that the 25th of this month would be good, then another one on Fast Sunday. I will be thinking a lot about it but one thing that I have been thinking a lot about is that now, talking another language, has made me have some of the most happiest moments of my life and when I am talking in Spanish to people it feels like a great accomplishment. I have been thinking if there would be anything I could study with Spanish.
Yesterday we taught a great lesson on Moroni and how he was smart. They had to build armor first then spiritual armor. There is no way we can win except by God's help. I KNOW that if God is with us we cannot fail. Thank you for everything! I love you guys so much! Thank you for your examples in my life. Brother Gomez (from the picture a couple weeks ago in front of the river) said in his talk two Sundays ago that the best teacher teaches from example, which I thank you for everything you have taught me.
Con Muchisimo Amor,
Élder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment