Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31, 2011

Hola Familia!!
How are you all doing?? How is the cold? We are doing alright here, enjoying January, not looking forward to February, but it’s all good. I will try to answer all your questions. The pictures of the laundry were taken by one of our landlords. The reason that we are doing it like this is because the lady here that washed our clothes before took a long time. So we decided that it would be a lot easier to do it in our house now we have a permanent washing machine that we can use to wash our own clothes. We still have to clean them by hand because the washing machine only goes for 15 min, then we do the rest by hand. Its purpose is to get the clothes wet, get the soap going, and to beach. It’s not like a washing machine at home.
The (red) shirt that I am wearing is a soccer team here called ¨Cerro Porteño¨. If you were to look for the logo on Google it would easily be found. The jersey that was in the last package I sent in is the same league as Cerro.
But mom I have a question. HOW have you lost so much weight? What are you doing to lose it?? Well for a while for me, I will be honest, it was just walking all day in the hot sun, but I know that this is not the best way of doing it. We have plans in the morning to go to the rama 1 church and play basketball and I am going to be watching what I eat, but once and a while it is hard because the meals that we usually eat here are oily noodles or oily other things. Today we went to the Benitez's house and made tacos. It was really GOOD!!!!
Well thanks for everything that you guys do for me! It is really hard here but I have felt the hand of the Lord in my life and I know that this is where I need to be. The time is going by too fast I think. I know the church is true.
I love you guys so much!!!
Élder Lucas Rodgers
_____________________________________________________________
To Myrle and family,

Hola! Como están ustedes!!
First of all I want to thank you all for all the support that I have received from all of you guys and the letters that I always receive. I may not be the most faithful person to send a letter back but I am always trying to do it whenever I have time. I don't have too much time left today so I just wanted to say thanks for everything! I love all of you guys! The 4 future missionaries will be helping a lot of people in the world so let’s fill the mission field with Elder Rodgerses. You guys have a great day and PLEASE enjoy the cold for me!!!
Love,
Élder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment