Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 2, 2011

Hola Familia.

Well we are having good weather here in Concepción. It is cold!! I never thought that it was possible!!! Wow!

Well big week! Thursday night we leave for Asuncion and arrive for Zone Conference on Friday. Then Friday night TEMPLE!!!! Then come back Saturday morning. Then Sunday is Mothers’ Day. I will be online at 6:00 my time and 4:00 your time. So yes you can use the camera for the Skype call. I will be using a computer shop here and will be able to talk and see you guys on it. Pretty much every computer shop has cameras here.

We had a very normal Sunday. There weren’t too many people so it was alright.

It’s weird seeing pictures of snow, it really is. Its weird that I grew up with it but have not seen it for a looooooooong time. There are times when I miss it but usually I am thanking God that it does not exist here, haha.

There is not too much to mention because we will be talking this week, but yesterday we found a family of 15 people!! They don’t all live there. There are lots of her kids that work in the Chaco but all the nietos (grandchildren) are there. We are going back tomorrow to teach them. There is something that we have been trying to improve, that is putting the baptismal date on the first visit. It is something that I want to get better at. Sometimes we are a little worried that the people will say no and never receive us again but if we do we find their biggest doubt, they don't have time to find excuses. Then we know if they will progress or not. We show them why we are there and what purpose we have.

I have a question. Can you fill me in on how Elder Matt Vance is doing? It has been a long time since I heard from him.

I got letters that I am sending out, including one with 2 memory cards for you guys. I think I will send a package (little package).

Thanks for everything,

Love Elder Lucas Rodgers

P.S. Today I set up an account - lucas.rodgers1. I added you guys so see if it came up. Well we will be talking. Thanks, and problems call the number on the previous email. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment