Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26, 2011

Hola Familia!
Well, Elder Hill goes home on Thursday and on Wednesday I get my new companion. I will know who that is tonight. I am really hoping that it will be one of my older companions. I hope so. There are 30 new missionaries coming (1 from Canada - Elder Bennett, I think, and I heard that he could be from Cardston) and 19 going home. 11 of those missionaries leaving are zone leaders and so 11 new zone leaders have to rise. That gives me a chance to be with Elder Anderson, Elder Meneses or Elder Salvatierra. There are many more but it would be awesome.

We had an interesting week. We are having a HARD time finding new investigators. I don't really know what is going on. It has been bugging me, and it is not only us, our whole zone. We have an awesome reference from a member family of a husband and wife that want to go to church and be baptized and get married. I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy if that came through. The husband right now is in Boston, haha, so we will be waiting for him to come back, which makes me remember that there is a recent convert family in our area. A lady that is from Wisconsin. I told her that I think I have family there, but I am not sure? I don’t want to be one of those people who is like, "You’re from Canada. Do you know this person?" But it would be interesting. Also is there an Elder Laycock (I believe that is how you spell it) that served in Uruguay about 4-5 years ago? Because if you know him, I have met his missionary trainer here in Palma Loma.
Mark Johnson---I was in Laurelty this week. I didn't find anyone like Antonia & Juan or Jesus & Petrona. If you had their last name that would be great! I will do another division there. Also yes, you can send me a letter to send to Zaballos Cue. I could forward it to the missionaries in that area.
I also found out that Elder Alverez, my old companion, started (I believe) in this area, so that is cool.

Yesterday we were invited over to the Stake President’s house in the morning before church and we ate pancakes with peanut butter and syurp!!!!! It was AMAZING!!!!!!
Mom, I bought a purse for you, a leather one, a lot smaller than the last one. I don’t have a picture of it. We went to Luque, (the down town part). There was a small expo there and I also bought a beautiful big white hammock and a wallet for dad. I got some nice earrings for Mom, Lauren and Ragan.
Thanks for everything. Keep me updated on all those questions. Thanks for everything. I love you all.
Love, Elder Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment