Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hola!
How is Calgary? Everything is great here. I'm glad you got those pictures. I love the letters from home and thank you for those. That sounds like that could work. I had some exciting news that I forgot to write last week. Elder Holland and Elder Oaks came and spoke!! It was amazing. And me and my companion did the sacrament in Spanish a little while ago. The R.C. has been really great this past while. Me and my companion got to teach the first two lessons the other day. It was a two hour conversation the second day. Everything that we said and asked questions about she responded with "That makes sense" or "No questions". There was one point when she asked us what the next step was after she prayed and read 3rd Nephi 11 and Moroni 10:4-5 and she actually read more than that! This is the gospel of happiness. This is that path that people are looking for. I am so excited to learn more and to be able to share it with others that are looking for it.
We are starting to do all our lessons in Spanish, so we are working on that. I am sending my memory card home and a little tape that I am recording on, I can only record on P-days so that is today. I will be sending it home today. We are going to the temple today so that is going to be great. Matt is here I have seen him every once and a while. But I still am not getting mail from my friends? haha. oh well. I enjoy reading the letters sent on Dear Elder, I Got a letter from Aunt. Kay and I really enjoyed reading it and knowing the cat is doing okay. Those pictures that I sent; The Zone leaders, that picture was taken on the night before they left they are now in Nicaragwa... or however you spell it. We had another set after them but they are gone to San Fernando, and now the Zones are in our district, Elder Condie and Elder Buchanan, They are the other companionship in our room.
Well Dad I came across some people that are going to Anaheim CA. Mission, and I have also come across some people going there speaking Spanish, so it seems that the church is growing there :).
Whenever I wear the Canadian tie I always end up running in to other Canadians. weird right? haha.
We met a native Paraguayan and started talking to him for a while. He is really cool. There is a picture with me and him on the memory card.
Its good to hear that the Flames are doing well! Not many people here are into hockey.
Well talk to David, I don't know that could work. see what his schedule is like. Or you could even have him write me haha! See if any of the Frenches could. I don't think it would be too long to send and receive letters to BYU campus than to Calgary. Well I have about 6 min. left so I will save that so check for replies.
I love you guys. and I am thankful for everything that you have taught me. It has all come in handy here and I can see the significance of it.

Love Elder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment