Monday, August 16, 2010

August 16, 2010

Pe-Hendú mi...
Ndé^pa re-hendú hina?
solamente para ver si están escuchando jaja!
I have been studying Guaraní and I hope some day I can teach in it. It’s a fun language. Well, we had a good week. This Saturday we dug a big hole for Agustin. I don’t have my pictures with me so I will send them next week. It was really fun :P. We got a sweet set-up. We live next to the church and we have the keys so we are going to go to the church and play soccer in the mornings for exercise. There is a new field, well its cement, so you can play volleyball, soccer, basketball, tennis, a bunch of things.
I keep trying to animate my companion because he has changed his mode of thinking to “34 days and I'm done”! I keep telling him the last part is the best!! But he is ready to go. There are a few things that I can understand would dis-animate him: 1) once in a while he will receive an email from his family and when he gets one it’s only really short and 2) he lost a whole DVD of his mission photos.
But we have plans this week to go to a little village called ¨Nueva Columbina¨. There are about 4 members there and they can’t come to church because there are no buses to take them. The missionaries have not been there for years so I really think there are people that want to listen and people who are prepared by the Lord. I am having thoughts that one day missionaries will be there and they will have a branch one day, the faithful members. Some of them can't walk so they can’t come to Emboscada. I really think that area can progress. I'm excited to go there this week.
The family of Mary y Humberto, the “familia Purete” that we found on Canada Day (:P) are progressing Well, they haven't been to church and Humberto needs to get a divorce but they are awesome! He also is always working. His job is driving buses from Asuncion to Brazil and his work calls him about the night before to let him know he will be working so we are always scared that one day he will be gone and not come back for a few weeks. I have been thinking that the families that can help the church the most will need the most work. The families that will lead the church when Jesus Christ comes will need to be the best. We have been telling them about the blessings of temple marriage and the plan of salvation. I don't want to lose this family. We were talking with them one day and explaining how the Lord prepares a way. There were elders that were working with Humberto in 2004 and they helped him so much but his wife would never listen to them. Now 6 years later we are the first elders to teach his wife, I gave her a conference Liahona in Expañol to read. We are going to be focusing on gaining a testimony because once they have a strong testimony nothing can stop them from progressing. Pero todo esta bien en Paraguay todo tranquilo-pa I-pora-nte
a-je-pokuaá ma ko ára re (I am used to this weather)
Che-tuicha-vé pee-heguí (I am bigger than they are(in Paraguay))
I don't know if you are sending anything soon but if you send a package, send some things for the birthday of Élder Alvarez, Aug 24. (Only if you think it will get here before Sept 13-15ish) He won't be getting anything from his family. And send some pistachios for Leo. She lived in Spain for a time and she misses them. I shared with her some sunflower seeds and it reminded her of pistachios.
The shoes, I will not have too much time to go to Asuncion to buy them (I still don't know where they are). I haven't been worrying too much. The shoes I have are still holding up. I am trying to take good care of them.
I am saving my last Eatmore. I want to eat it but it is being saved ha ha,
Thanks for all the updates from home its great to hear that everyone is doing good
We have Zone conference this week so I am excited to go to that.
Thanks for everything you do for me.
I don't know if you have deleted all the contacts from my phone but if not look up the name ¨Jel¨ phone him and tell him to send me a letter ha ha. Likewise with ¨Gen¨ and tell her to write it in Spanish ha ha to see if I can understand.
But thanks for everything I love you guys so much. Send My love to all the family, the church is still young here but it is growing. Thank you
Todavía me escritura preferido es Helaman 5:12 nothing has passed it yet.
Love Élder Lucas Rodgers
P.S. My talking has changed to Spanglish I will talk in English then switch over to Spanish without knowing and vice-versa! Its kinda annoying, but funny! ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment