Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9, 2010

Ha-upeí che familia kuera!?
¿como Estan?
Wow, first I want to say that everybody at home is growing up!! Tanner is as tall as Dad and Uncle Myrle! Como!? The boys in the ward! Wow, it doesn't seem like I have been gone for that long, but everyone is growing up!
We had an okay week. My companion (Elder Alvarez) has 5 weeks left in his mission and he is ready to go home. It’s hard because he thinks he is in his p-change. I keep telling him that that doesn't exist. There are days that are so hard. It’s weird that I have about 9 months in my mission and only 2 companions. Elder Sperel who came with me is going to be with his 6th companion! Usually companions are not together for 3 changes but if the Lord wants it I'll do it.
We moved houses!! about 1 min walking distance. But we are now next to the chapel. I will send some pictures. The pictures that I sent last week were a rusty train car in Luque (that's all I know) and the other one is an area in Emboscada.
Thanks for the letters about President Wade. He is a great man and he has a very strong testimony.
I used that pasta sauce and made spaghetti at the house of Leo. (there is a photo)
I love this area so much! I know that this area is where I am supposed to be, but the branch here is SO young. The members are awesome but sometimes they are just so weird.
I have been taking more time these past Sundays to really think about the sacrament and really what it means. I have realized that there are a lot of people that treat the sacrament like weekly exercising the arm to take the bread and water. How important it is to be worthy and in the right mindset, and to know what you are doing. Usually that is the most important thing we can do every week. Also when President Vera (Branch President) finished his talk I heard these words but they hit me differently ¨Yo quero comparter estes coses en el nombre de Jesucristo Amén¨ I want to share these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. How privileged are we to talk about things, share things, in the NAME of Jesus Christ.
I love the church and I know it is true I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and the Bible is too. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I don't know where I would be without him.
Thank you for everything you do for me! I love you guys and miss you too but the time here is flying. Sometimes it’s scary.
Love Élder Lucas Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment